Welcome to the children and young people’s section of the website where you can find out more about CAMHS, which stands for child and adolescent mental health services. You’ll find lots of information about CAMHS, what it means and how we can help you.
Coming to CAMHS
If you’re coming to CAMHS for the first time it can be confusing, and you might not know what to expect, but CAMHS means you’ll get the help you need to make you feel happier.
What will happen?
- We’ll meet and get to know you
- Ask how you’re feeling and find out more about your life
- Work out what’s making you feel the way you do
Usually people come to CAMHS with parents or carers, but everyone is different. The important things to remember are:
- We want to help you feel better
- We won't tell anyone you don't want us to
- Lots of children come to CAMHS for many different reasons.
- You're not alone