Who are we?
CAMHS is the child and adolescent mental health service in Surrey - also known as Mindsight Surrey CAMHS. We promote emotional wellbeing and deliver preventative mental health services and treatment to children and young people with mental health problems.
We are a partnership between Surrey County Council (SCC), Surrey Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) Collaborative, Surrey and Borders Partnership (SABP) NHS Foundation Trust, voluntary organisations and children and young people who use our services.
We support teachers, youth workers and people working with children and young people by offering them advice and training on how to spot mental health difficulties.
CAMHS also offers advice to children, young people, parents, and carers on what can be done by way of early interventions to prevent emotional difficulties developing as well as providing assessments and therapeutic interventions when children and young people are experiencing mental health problems.
Find out more about the CAMHS services provided by SABP.
We work in many different ways with young people, depending on their needs.
- We support teachers, youth workers and people working with young people by offering them support and training on how to spot mental health difficulties. We also offer them advice about how to create an environment that helps to prevent emotional difficulties developing.
- We employ specialist mental health workers to work with children and young people with mild or moderate mental health difficulties. These professionals can also support parents and carers.
- Our psychologists, psychiatrists, therapists, social workers and community nurses provide more specialist services. These professionals work with children and young people with complex mental health difficulties, as well as supporting you.
- We also work with and support children and young people who may need very specialist treatment, which could involve hospital care.
CAMHS 'One Stop' referrals
CAMHS referrals can only be made by a health, social care or education practitioners. So if you're a teacher, GP or a social worker you can refer a child or young person by:
- Calling 0300 222 5755. Lines are open 8am-8pm Monday to Friday and 9am-12pm Saturday.
- Writing to CAMHS One Stop, Dominion House, Woodbridge Road, Guildford, Surrey, GU1 4PU.
- Visiting the secure web portal.
Please DON'T use the 'contact us' tab on the main Healthy Surrey site. For crisis referrals please call 0300 222 5755