Surrey is a low risk county for terrorist activity, but we still need to be alert to tensions and extremist groups in our communities.
If you are a professional working with clients that live in Surrey, you should discuss your concerns, in the first instance, with your line manager or safeguarding lead. They will be best placed to escalate concerns to the appropriate people in your organisation and onto the Surrey Police Prevent Team if necessary using the Surrey Prevent Referral Form.
Concerned that someone you know may be at risk of being drawn into terrorism?
If you are a member of the public who is concerned that someone you know may be at risk of being drawn into terrorism, you have several options:
- Contact Surrey Police by dialling 101
- Report your concerns anonymously to CrimeStoppers 0800 555 111
- Call the Anti-Terrorist Hotline on 0800 789 321
If it's an emergency, always dial 999.
- Prevent: is concerned with working in partnership to reduce support for terrorism of all kinds; to prevent people from being drawn into terrorism and ensure that they are given appropriate advice and support.
- Pursue: is concerned with the apprehension and arrest of any persons suspected of being engaged in the planning, preparation and commission of a terrorist act.
- Protect: aims to strengthen our protection against a terrorist attack and reduce our vulnerability to such attacks. This involves managing the risks to crowded places and the safeguarding of hazardous materials.
- Prepare: seeks to mitigate the impact of a terrorist attack where that attack cannot be stopped. This includes work to bring a terrorist attack to an end and to increase our resilience so we can recover from its aftermath