Help and advice on health is needed throughout the year, whether that's tips on keeping warm in winter, how to protect your skin in summer. to dealing with adverse weather conditions, which can happen anytime of year.
- Winter conditions can be seriously bad for our health, especially for older people, and those with long-term conditions. Find out how you can keep yourself and your family well this winter.
- Advice on why it is so important to keep warm in winter – both inside and outdoors. Keeping warm over the winter months can help to prevent colds, flu and more serious health problems such as heart attacks, strokes, pneumonia and depression.
- Information on preparing for winter, protecting vulnerable residents and staying safe in bad weather
Information for frontline health and social care staff
- Winter Wellness Toolkit - an information and signposting resource to help prevent emergency admissions
- Head injury in children and young people: advice leaflet for parents and carers
- Tick awareness: how to avoid tick bites
- Heatwave advice – health considerations during hot and sunny weather
Making Every Contact Count
‘Making Every Contact Count’ involves talking to people about their health and wellbeing and ‘sowing the seed for behaviour change’ to develop healthier lifestyles. A directory has been developed as an information and signposting resource to help when having those "healthy conversations".