Mind: keep learning
Not only can learning new skills be useful but it can also improve your mental well-being. Life-long learners are likely to be more optimistic, better satisfied and will have a better ability to get the most out of their lives. It’s also likely to mean that you can cope with stressful situations better.
Classes and courses are great ways to learn new things so have a look at what Surrey Adult Learning have to offer. However there are some easy ways to keep your brain busy everyday:
- Have you got a broken cupboard door? Or some shelves to put up? There are lots of online tutorials to help you learn some new DIY skills.
- Go to a museum or gallery – have a look at the Visit Surrey website for information on places that might interest you.
- If you have a favourite dish at a restaurant then you could find the recipe and learn how to make it at home.
- Keep up to date with what’s going on in the world by reading the newspaper each day. Most also have a crossword and sudoku so you could give them a go at the same time.
- Magazine subscriptions are a great way to stay up to date with your interests and hobbies.